Administered by the Division of Radiation Control
Page Address: radon.utah.gov
January is National Radon Action Month
Test Your Home Today!
The primary goal of the Utah Division of Radiation Control's (DRC) Indoor Radon Program is to reduce the level of indoor radon in the state of Utah to concentrations less than the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) action level of 4 pCi/L (pico-Curies per liter).
The Radon program is partially funded by the State Indoor Radon Grant from the EPA. The Division of Radiation Control, in addition to responding to telephone inquiries from the public, provides education through public outreach, conducts ''target area" indoor radon surveys, and individualized assistance to homeowners and public agencies concerning all aspects of the indoor radon hazard problem.
The Indoor Radon Program focuses its efforts in the following five areas:
- Radon Resistant Construction
- Real Estate Disclosure and Testing
- Local Government Coalitions
- Public School Testing
- Radon Awareness (Testing and Mitigation)
Disclaimer Regarding Mitigators
The DRC does not accredit, certify, recommend or endorse listed individuals or companies, nor are we responsible for work done or liability incurred by you. Listed contractors are certified by the National Radon Proficiency Program or the National Radon Safety Board.
The Utah Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) Division of Radiation Control (DRC) today announced the three student winners for the 2015 National Radon Poster Contest:
- First-place: Cetera Sorensen, (age 11) Lakeview Academy, “Pink is the New Black”
- Second-place: Ani Allan (age 10), Crescent Elementary, “Let Your House Be Happy and get it Tested for
- Third-place: Ellie Lyman (age 10), Crescent Elementary, “Get a Clue, Check all the rooms in your home for Radon”
January is Radon Action Month
- Visit the EPA Radon page for information about how to protect yourself and your family.
- Check with your local health department to pick up a radon test kit for your home.
- Watch this video to learn about what radon is:
KBYU Eleven Community Connection: Division of Radon Control
KBYU Eleven's Community Connection is an original series that features non-profit organizations throughout the state of Utah. In this episode, the Division of Radon shares important health and safety information with host, Tracey Christensen.
Installation of Radon Control Systems During New Home Construction
Top Radon News
Radon Poster Contest Winners
(10/22/14)—The Utah Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) Division of Radiation Control (DRC) today announced the three student winners for the 2015 National Radon Poster Contest.
- Radon Resistant New Construction Free Training
(07/13)—Expand your knowledge and commitment in radon resistant techniques.